Horticulture Learnership Opportunities at Rand Water. Rand Water invites suitably qualified and previously disadvantaged individuals who are interested in joining the Water Sector to apply for the Horticulture Learnership Programme: NQF Level 2.
Rand Water is working hard to manage the water demand requirements of its municipal and industrial customers in Gauteng, North West, Free State, and Mpumalanga provinces. However, the current combination of extremely high temperatures and virtually no rainfall within their area of supply has resulted in high water consumption levels, which is placing a significant amount of stress on the Rand Water system.
At Rand Water, they are continuously monitoring all their reservoir levels and those of its customers. This information is critical in understanding the water demand situation of the system in order to facilitate any timeous and fit for purpose interventions. Consumers too must also play their part by using water sparingly and protecting this vital commodity. Water is too precious to waste and is a natural resource that can no longer be taken for granted.
- Applicants must be unemployed.
- Applicants must not be registered with any institution for qualification and not enrolled in any Learnership Programme.
- Applicants must have a Matric (Grade 12) with Mathematics OR Mathematics Literacy and Science (minimum Level 4 in all subjects).
- Applicants must be South African citizens and must be in possession of a valid SA ID
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 and 35 years.
- Applicants MUST reside in Gauteng Province (proof of residential address to be attached).
Rand Water Horticulture Learnership Opportunities
The following documents must accompany your application:
- A certified copy of ID document
- Proof of residence
- Certified copy of Matric Certificate
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- As a Learner, you are expected to complete your qualification on record time and in line with your contract agreement for the stipulated period.
NB: In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Rand Water’s Employment Equity Objectives. Should you not receive correspondence from Rand Water within 30 days from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful